Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Solution for "Unable to install printer" "Operation could not be completed" problem.

Windows XP Support

Old 26-07-2007

Solution for "Unable to install printer" "Operation could not be completed" problem.

I am looking for some help to fix the printer installation job. I am not really sure what to do. i am getting a error while installing a printer. The error is unable to install printer. I am using a Windows 2003 server with number of different Windows XP client. I am getting the problem on my own personal pc that has XP. The driver which I am installing is from the CD that I got with the printer. So that is the latest one. How can I fix the issue.

Old 21-03-2013

Re: Solution for "Unable to install printer" "Operation could not be completed" problem.

Try to run the setup with admin rights. You can do that by right clicking on the setup and clicking on run as > admin. Click on that and provide your login details and click on ok. Then move ahead. The driver setup will work fine. I think the issue that you are facing is mostly due to file permission. Due to low permission this kind of issue appear.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,