Thread: specified print monitor is unknown, Lexmark installation failed

specified print monitor is unknown, Lexmark installation failed

I am having a Compaq Presario V2000 system with me. I had configured a Lexmark 640 printer on the same. I am facing problem with printer installation. I am not able to understand why it is not working. The installation here looks like working fine. But when I try to print I am getting a error. The error is related to some unknown print monitor. After running sfc /scannow nothing was detected. It looks like there is no issue. How can I troubleshoot this problem.

Re: specified print monitor is unknown, Lexmark installation failed

Looks like some kind of issue associated with printer driver. It is necessary that you must check for the latest update and install the same back again. You can locate the fresh driver on the official website and then try back. I am sure that will be more than enough for you to deal with the issue you are facing. And second thing you can do is try to install the printer on some other usb port. i am sure that will help you more in dealing with the problem.

I got a link that is having solution for your problem. You can refer the same to collect more information problem you are facing. The issue mostly appear to those who are trying to install the printer driver through remove access. But still you can view the link for detail troubleshooting steps.

You receive a "Print monitor is unknown" error when you try to install a printer driver remotely or by using a script on a computer that is running Windows 2000 or Windows XP