Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Folder appears in blue text on windows explorer files display

Windows XP Support

Old 26-07-2007

Folder appears in blue text on windows explorer files display

I am running Windows XP with SP2 and just now I checked that on the Windows Explorer, the C: drive appears to be blue in text, while all other files and folders and drivers on the left pane are in the black text. Can anyone tell me whether there is some sort of error or bug or something, if so, then how to prevent this? Thanks

Old 26-07-2007

RE: Folder appears in blue text on windows explorer files display

Acutally, if you want to display encrypted or compressed NTFS files in color, then open Folder options in Control Panel. After that click Start and then click control panel. Now, double click foder options and on the view tab, select the show encrypted or compresses NTFS files in color check box. This way it will show you the things in blue color.
Old 26-07-2007

RE: Folder appears in blue text on windows explorer files display

Thanks for responding, it did correct the color. I didnt know what is this thing, so was hoping if anything didnt break up.
Old 26-07-2007

Re: Folder appears in blue text on windows explorer files display

Actually, insead of hiding the color, you are still using a compressed C drive. If you want then it can be undone with a right click on the drive and then go to Properties and then uncheck the box for compression.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: