Thread: HP LaserJet 3055 printer problem

HP LaserJet 3055 printer problem

I am having Windows XP desktop and connected HP LaserJet 3055 All-in-One printer. The printer came with its default software which contains several unwanted and waste programs such as HP Toolbox FX, HP LaserJet Scan, TWAIN 1.9 or WIA scan drivers, HP LaserJet Fax, HP Fax Setup Wizard, Readiris PRO text recognition software, printer drivers (HP PCL 6, HP PCL 5e, HP Postscript Level 3 emulation), installer/uninstaller, etc.

None of these applications are going to be used by me or my users ever. Now as the printer is connected on the network, I don’t want to install all these waste programs. I just need a printing printer. So I wanted to know will it be ok if I install the printer driver only. Does it require other those drivers as well to work properly?

Re: HP LaserJet 3055 printer problem

Yes you can install the required driver. There is nothing like everything must be installed to make the printer work fine. When you run the software installation, simply select "custom" install, check your driver and install.

Thanks for the help HELLIAN . I did the same an printed a test page but the print is not clear. Do i need HP PCL6 Print Driver or can remove it? Also there is another problem. I dont know how few more same printers are showing up in Printers and Faxes folder: 'HP LaserJet 3050 Series PCL 6'.

How can in remove others from the system and their extra drivers. They are not showing up in the Add/Remove program list. Please help.

I have an HP 3055 unit, but had to remove it because of an upgrade to the original software. It locked up my computer, but after I removed the printer software from my computer and tried to re-install it, I found that the disc was cracked. I've tried downloading the software package from HP but it fails to install becasue of a missing file. Does anyone have the original software version Q6500-60135 for use with XP? I would like to purchase a copy of this disc, as I'm under a severe handicap without this unit. I tried to buy a disc from HP but the order page does not work AT ALL!
    robman58@adelphia.net

As said that visit thing the HP site didn’t helped you here because the site was not having that particular page active. So can you visit the customer care center of HP nearby and then you have to just ask for the disk which you broke and then install what you want with the help of the same.