Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows encountered a problem copying file

Windows XP Support

Old 20-07-2007

Windows encountered a problem copying file

I am facing a problem while I am trying to copy files from a CD/DVD. I am having some set of disc here. There are videos here. When I tried to copy the file there is a error saying that Windows encountered a problem copying file. The same is no happening with every cd know. Th cd looks to be in good condition. There is no scratches on the same. The same CD works really fine other pc.

Old 21-07-2007

Re: Problem Copying

It can be issue with the DVD driver you are having. Go in Device Manager and see what you get in it. If there is any error mark on the device hardware then you can simply try to re-install the same. The problem mostly appear due to damage dvd drive or due to improper driver. It is essential that you must first check the same or simply just right click on the optical drive and uninstall it from device manage. Install the same back again.
Old 10-01-2008

There are some CD ripper software. There are chances that those might be drm protected or some other stuff. You can download and install a ripper software and then simply rip the audio or video files from the cd. That is the best way to extract multimedia files. I am using Windows Media Player here to rip the audio files. It works fine. But you can go for advance tool also.
Old 12-01-2008

I have the exact same problem as the original poster, it wont let me copy any pics to a disc, The error message states "Windows encountered a problem copying file", and give me a choice to Retry, Skip, or Cancel.

Retry and skip do not work so i have to press cancel!!

What am i doing wrong?? I really need to get some of the photos off my comp as im nearly upto my memory limit!

Thanks
Sammie
Old 12-01-2008

was able to burn Wednesday, after going a little nuts i removed the cd to find out it was a dvd but i also went into msconfig and checked some things not sure what

Last edited by sg19000 : 12-01-2008 at 03:18 AM.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,