Thread: How to capture video from a Panasonic mini DV to my computer?

How to capture video from a Panasonic mini DV to my computer?

I have connected my camcorder to my computer using a Usb cable that came with the camcorder and have it on the correct setting as per told. If I try to engage the capture feature a box pops up saying there is nothing in drive: E. I want to copy what I have on tape to my hard drive and then to edit, burn to Dvd. Does anyone have any kind of suggestions? Thanks.

Re: How to capture video from a Panasonic mini DV to my computer?

Have you tried to downloaded and install the Usb driver from Panasonic? If you dont know what camcorder you are using then go to the below link:
    http://panasonic.jp/support/global/c...wndvc_usb.html

Re: How to capture video from a Panasonic mini DV to my computer?

Thanks for responding, I am using a PV-GS15 mini DV camcorder and I have downloaded the proper driver for it. But I am still getting a message that says there is nothing being received for the computer to captyre video from. I have 2 usb slots on the front of my 1 month old Windows XP computer that I am using. Any other ideas? Thanks.

It seems to be the same camcoder that I am using most of the time. I didnt like the Usb hookup very well, the IEEE1394 (Firewire) normally works better and more consistently. Incase you have Usb ports on the back, use one of those. For some reason, the extension ports dont work sometimes, it needs the main port. You should then turn on the camcorder in playback mode, usb cable plugged into the camcorder, when you plug the usb into the computer. It should show up in Device Manager as a USB Mass Storage Device, and as a Panasonic in MM2 when set to capture. Get your self a Firewire card and cable for around $20 to get the most out of the Panasonic.

I have a panasonic nv-gs47gc and i am using windows 7 , i want to know how to capture the videos from my camcoder to pc, i have the cable but dont have any drivers for windows 7 or camcoder software and i am not able to find the software or drivers for it so please help...