Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Repair Local Area Connection

Windows XP Support

Old 12-07-2007

Repair Local Area Connection

I am getting constant connection failure problem here. I had contacted my ISP who said the problem lies on my end. There is some issue with local area connectivity. Each time I am getting a issue with connection failure and when I repair it works fine. I had tried to reset the modem and router but still it did not worked well. Later on I found one more error. That says Windows cannot finish repairing and my internet stopped working completely. Upon reboot things went back to fine.

Old 12-07-2007

Re: Repair Local Area Connection

There can be number of reasons behind the same. The issue might lie with the router or cable connectivity. Just change that and see. Try to update your lan drivers and then test back. I am sure after updating the drivers things will be fine. It happens sometime due to cable, modem or some kind of connectivity failure you land this kind of problem. Just through Device Manager update the drivers once and then test back.
Old 12-07-2007

There are few basic repair things you can try out. Launch CMD and then simply run the following stuff. I think that will be more helpful for you. Just type ipconfig /release and hit enter. Then ipconfig /flushdns and then the last one you have to do is type ipconfig /renew and hit enter. It is correct that there can be problem with the hardware due to which your connection keeps on dropping.
Old 10-11-2009

Hy I'am Simon and i have a problem with my local area connection a can't loggin in facebook.com/msn/yahoo...When i go in local area connection and click on repair buton they say 1.renewing your ip address. 2.windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed. Please help me with this "sheet". I don't no what to do...?!...and sorry for my english...lol

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , , ,