Thread: Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel 4.0

Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel 4.0

I want to install Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel 4.0 in my Dell computer which is running on Windows XP. All the things are installing fine, but if I am going to the properties and click the Recorder tab, then I am getting some Rundll error? The details of the error is - An exception occurred while trying to run "C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL"C:WINDOWS\system32\joy.cpl", Game Controllers".

I have the latest drivers and have also updated DirectX version and I dont know what other things to do. Please help.

Re: Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel 4.0

Can you try to completely uninstall whatever you got installed for the drivers and then use Compatibility Mode to install them from the CDs install file by browsing from Start and then Run to the proper file. After you have find it, right click and select to install using Compatibility Mode.

Thanks for responding, but that didnt work. I dont know why it is not working. The wheel worked perfectly on my other computer and I had Windows XP on it just like I do on my new one as well. And microsoft said that they cannot hep me since the product was old? Do you have any other solution to solve this problem? Thanks

Microsoft tells that XP should have built-in drivers for Sidewinder. So its definitely the XP fault or some software issue in your pc. Try reloading XP since the Microsoft Sidewinder is working fine on other pc as you stated.