Thread: Windows XP freezes at Welcome Screen under all conditions

Windows XP freezes at Welcome Screen under all conditions

I’m using a Windows XP computer since long time. Last week while browsing I came through a website which was infected I guess because as soon as landed that website I received more than 20 pop ups on my screen and saw something downloading on my system. I tried stopping the same but failed and just after a minute a found some toolbars installed on my system. So it was obvious that my system is also infected with Virus. In these paste few days I followed several processors to clean my system, used AdWare / Norton and many more.

But the problem is since i visited that website I am not able to login to my system. It is not passing the welcome screen itself. I also tried booting into Safe Mode and Last Known Good Config but none of them are working as well. I have no idea left what else I need to do to fix the problem.

Can anyone of you please let me know any solution? Many thanks.

Update: There is hope

In a sad attempt to backup my harddrive, I took the poor thing over to my parents house and hooked it up as a slave so I could burn some CDs w/ files. As it was burning, my dad's Norton was finding a few virus' and deleting them. Eventually I realized that that backup method was ridiculously slow and I went home. Much to my surprise, I was able to get back into Windows after re-connecting my harddrive to its original PC. I still had tons of hijacking issues/etc but it was great news and I was able to at least work with it and get to my personal files. My advice is that if you have this problem, try to take it to some one else's computer who has a decent/updated virus scanner and do a full scan. I didn't even do that much, it just found things as it burned CD's and just that helped a great deal. I am almost rid of all the virus and malware, so if you're having that kind of a problem, go to SpywareInfo.com where I've received a ton of help. I hope this update helps some one! Good luck!