Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

error message: application launcher: unable to load configuration

Windows XP Support

Old 10-07-2007

error message: application launcher: unable to load configuration

I dont know how it started but when I booted up my machine then I was getting this error message that was saying "application launcher: unable to load configuration"? Can anyone tell me how to solve this issue? Thanks

Old 13-07-2007

Re: error message: application launcher: unable to load configuration

Even I was having same issue. I might related to a file removed by the antivirus software. The file could be C:\Program Files\Common Files\Teleca Shared\CapabilityManager.exe and it is marked as a Trojan/Virus.
Old 13-07-2007

Re: error message: application launcher: unable to load configurat

I also think that only, because recently Norton Antivirus removed a file marked as a trojan? So how do I solve this issue?
Old 14-07-2007

Re: error message: application launcher: unable to load configuration

First of all run msconfig and then click on Startup tab and then disable any suspicious startup items. After that restart the pc and check if that helps. Now try different combinations till you have located the application causing the error. The location of the offending program can help you to find a refrence to it in the registry. After tha run regedit and press the home key and then press F3 and find the refrence. Try to delete it and then press F3 to continue the search.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: