Thread: USB 2.0 driver for Windows XP SP2

USB 2.0 driver for Windows XP SP2

I am having an assembled desktop as well as a Dell laptop at my home. Now due to some problem I required to reinstall my desktop computer. Now the problem arises for the drivers. I used Dell’s driver Cd for installing on my desktop but the problem is it only has drivers for USB 2.0 and that for Windows XP Service pack 1 whereas mine is Windows Xp Sp2. Whenever I try running this CD I get an error saying wrong version. Can anyone help me downloading proper drivers for my machine ?

Are you able to browse internet on your newly installed system ? if yes, than simply visit Device Manager, right click on USB ports and click on Update Driver. It will search from internet and download itself what is required. Also, you can run Windows Update for the same. If still it wont fix than you may need to download the complete package of Windows XP SP2 from here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...ils.aspx?id=28

Re: USB 2.0 driver for Windows XP SP2

I too have a problem with my usb. i hope i will get the right solution from u. when am trying to install the usb drivers it is saying that usb has not passed the windows logo test n its terminating from the installation. When i try connecting flash drive with my system its showing in the systry but no icon is there in the mu computer window.its also detecting in safety removable window whey i stop the usb Edit/Delete Message

my External Hard Disk not recognising

Quote Originally Posted by nabumaliku View Post
    my External Hard Disk not recognising
    You need to give us as much of information as possible so that we can give you proper solution for the querie asked, since you havent specified much details. What is the make or model of the external hard disk that you have? Was it working properly before? Have you tried connecting it to some other usb port to check whether its the usb port problem or the external hard disk problem.

i also have a problem with windows xp sp2 usb drivers.....i recently reformatted my hard-drive, and started from scratch. now i cannot get my usb ports to use 2.0 . i know they are ALL usb 2.0 ports as the root hub is "enhanced". (this refers to the name in the device manager) i cannot get the ports to use highspeed 2.0. i have tried to reinstall all new drivers. i know they are all 2.0 because i have had multiple highspeed devices on it prior to the reformat.....

PLEASE HELP!

If you are still facing this issue there is a support link which can guide for this. By default the drivers are taken automatically by Windows XP. Or the best thing to do is download that manually. There are ample of resources on web which povides you free driver download. It also comes in various windows update. After re-installation run Windows update and then check back again. If still not detected you can try any third party driver.

Go in device manager and right click on the unknown device. Choose update drivers and follow the screen instruction. It is necessary that there should be live internet connection on your system so that Windows can find the right update for that. If you do not have internet connection then you can use CPUz to find the right motherboard model. Download the prescribed drivers and install them in your system.