Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

My network places freezes

Windows XP Support

Old 29-06-2007

My network places freezes

I think that the network places in my computer is not working. When I am clicking on the network places icon on the start menu, or from internet explorer, then the window stops responding. When I check the tasks running then it stats not responding? When I click End, then the screen goes blank and thne reloads the screen. Sometimes it will let me to open the networking, but after clicking 2 or 3 times in network shares, it will freeze the windows again. Any ideas?

Old 29-06-2007

RE: My network places freezes

Can you try to run the Network setup wizard to make a new connection. First click on start and then run and then type: HH mk:@MSITStore:%windir%\Help\network.chm::/hnw_wizard_overviewW.htm
Old 30-06-2007

RE: My network places freezes

Also ensure that there is no conflict between the NIC and the other devices on that machine by going to the Device Manager and best if you uninstalled it and reinstall the NIC. You can also try the otheroptions, like the settings for the TCP/IP that might be messe up or there is some service missing or they are not installed or mess configured. So, try to click on Control Panel > Tools > Folder Options > Offline files > and then uncheck the box for Enable Offline Files.
Old 01-07-2007

Re: My network places freezes

In my situation the network places was hanging any time it added an entry to its list thats no longer valid. It is also annoying to try and delete it as right clicking on entry was hanging Window. I noticed that it will work properly again after I use Windows Explorer to browse to the proper sub-folder, which was under Documents and Settings and then delete the entry, that appears as a file in Explorer.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,