Thread: printUIEntry; install printer to remote client machine

printUIEntry; install printer to remote client machine

I am adding a printer on my windows xp pc. I found some article on web which I followed for the processor. Later on I got a error. The error is "Operation could not be completed. Either the printer name was typed incorrectly, or the specified printer has lost its connection to the server."I went inside the event viewer and found a issue related to printUIEntry. I am not aware about any further process to troubleshoot this problem. Can anyone help me here.

Re: printUIEntry; install printer to remote client machine

Here is a link that can help you in dealing with the problem you are facing. You can try netbios here also. But before that just go through the link below and then try everything back. I am sure that will be enough to deal with the problem you are facing. There are sample commands listed which you can use to add the printer. Try to add proper information on the same.

How to add printers with no user interaction in Windows XP

I got the same problem. At the end after trying everything, I found that the issue can be resolved via vbscript. It is the only solution that will help. I am looking for a good script on web that really works to add the printer. I had already tried the above step a number of time but still lands on the error. I am not able to figure out where I am doing wrong.