Thread: Offline Files: Cleaning up old Synchronization entries?

Offline Files: Cleaning up old Synchronization entries?

I am having a desktop and laptop. I am using file synchronization between both to keep updated files on both the place. I had upgraded the desktop. The laptop has windows xp installed on it. I found that file sync is not working here. So I want to clear the old files. But the same also is not working well. I am using a registry cleaner also, but nothing helped much. I want to delete all the references of old files which are not synced.

Re: Offline Files: Cleaning up old Synchronization entries?

If registry cleaner does not work then you can try using a manual process of cleaning the references of old files. It is necessary that you must first take a backup of registry first or else there can be problem. Open registry by typing regedit in Start > Run box and then navigate to the following location - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\NetCache\Shares\ . You have to remove the entries from here and reboot your system. I think this will clean the system.

Is there any easy way of doing the same. Some ready to use utility or some kind of tool that can remove the offline file references and let the system perform well. I am having more than 20 systems here, and it looks the problem persist in all of them.

Hi all,

I have been searching the internet for a solution to this problem, and this is the closest post I can find to my issue. Would love some assistance

I just installed a New AD DC, and renamed it ( Company requested it)
    Moving 25 laptops onto it. All going well - EXCEPT:
    During offline file Sync, It still tries to sync the Home drive with the old DFS link. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to remove it. I have tried the above and unfortunatly - it does not work.

Any ideas?

Thanks all

All, As I continued my search, I came accross the following which appears on initial testing to have knocked out the issue

■create a registry value 'FormatDatabase' of type REG_DWORD under the node \HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\NetCache.
    ■Set its value to 1.
    ■Reboot the machine
    From command line, you can set FormatDatabase to 1 by running the below command.