Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}

I am using Dell Dimension 2350. It has Windows XP Pro on it. Windows downloaded some updates automatically and installed the same. I found this when shutdown the system. There was a message on the screen about downloaded updates. Next morning when I turned on the system I found a error. The error is "STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} The windows logon process system terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005.". I am unable to login in normal mode. But I can access my pc in Safe Mode. Can anyone help me here.

Re: STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}

I got the same issue. It occur only after installing new windows update in the system. The system was working really well before. I thought new updates will be better for my system. But the system failed to boot. The updates simply screwed up everything. Atleast in your case you are able to get in safe mode. While I am not able to login at all. I had to re-install windows and then it was fixed. In your case just remove the updates. Un-install them and check back.

Yes it would be better if you remove those update manually. And after that only install updates which are required. Do not install everything. Because there can be problem with every update. Due to some buggy updates the performance of Windows is affected. And I had faced this a number of time. So before installing any new update I simply check on web whether it is proper or not. There are number of people who discuss on the same.

If still after removing updates things are not fixed then it is better that you perform a clean installation. That is the only way to get rid of problem you are facing. When this kind of issue appear you must report to microsoft. They in return release another updates which can fix the problem appeared due to any recent changes in the system.

I am giving you a link below that has ample of information on problem you are facing. You can simply read that and collect solution on the same. The issue lies with some problem related to boot process. Check the link below to get proper fix on the same.

Error Message: Stop c000021a {Fatal System Error} The Session Manager Initialization System Process...

Try using recovery console to restore your system back again. Through recovery console you can fix a number of boot problem in Windows XP. I am sure this will not be a problem at all. You can use windows xp bootable disc to launch recovery console and perform the restoration. I am giving you a link here which is having detail information on using recovery console.

Description of the Windows XP Recovery Console for advanced users

When I shut down my computer this error show on Blue screen STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}. The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x00000000 (0x00000000 0x00000000). Please help me to solve this problem. I have Windows XP With SP1 installed in it. When I shut down my computer this error show on Blue screen STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}. The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x00000000 (0x00000000 0x00000000). Please help me to solve this problem

Restart your pc and press F8 continuously on boot. On the screen you will see multiple option related to boot. From that choose Last Good Known configuration. If you are lucky, your windows settings will be restored. One more advice. Keep automatic updates on manual mode. Do not let it download and install automatically. There can be problem with the same. When you keep it on manual mode whenever new updates are found you can allow them to install on your choice. Unless and until there is a major update you can avoid unnecessary installation. That would be a safer way of keep your system updated and working.

Re: C000021a {Fatal System Error}

I had the same problem. my laptop is a IBM Thinkpad T20. I am posting from a different computer and i dont have any data i need to recover. I tried all of the advanced startup options for windows and none of them work. I can't even turn my lap top on. I do have microsoft windows 2000 installed on my laptop, It works fine but I don't know the logon password for it. Have you got any advice, I am seriously stuck?

I am also facing the same error. Suddenly my system failed to work properly due to which I am unable to work. I am having a laptop. And fortunately there was a recovery partition available in the same. I restored my system back properly and it is working fine know. I do not think there is any fix available for the same unless you simply restore your computer completely or freshly install windows xp.

I am going to provide a solution and I hope that will work. I am having a IBM ThinkPad T23 laptop here. It came with Windows XP Pro. I performed windows update and faced the same kind of error. I am having a dual boot system where Ubuntu is installed on the next partition. Here windows is not able to load properly but I am able to boot in Windows. Through Ubuntu I replaced three files. They are winlogon.exe, csrss.exe and msginal.dll. Once it was done Windows started working well. There was no issue with freezing at all. You will need to find those files from a working system and replace it.

Re: STOP: C000021a {Fatal System Error}

It can be due to mis-match files in your system. When you perform updates a number of files are modified and due to which you get problem related to login. Those files can be replaced by running a recovery or system restore. You can simply try to boot in recovery console and check whether things are fine or not. It is also not easy to find what files are required to be replaced.

Re: STOP: C000021a {Fatal System Error}

I had the same STOP: C000021a error.

It is because you RAM memory corrupted. Just change the RAM and re-start the windows. If you get error again after re-starting, just re-install windows

when you mention "just change the RAM and re-start the windows", how exactly do you do this and does not having a whole lot of memory left affect doing this?

( I have a Dell desktop, it was originally Windows ME then upgrade to XP home edition)

I am in the same position as one of the previously frustrated people in which I get a blue screen and can't do anything.

I can press F8 and get to Windows Advanced Options Menu but when I select any of the options it just goes back to the blue screen. I can also press F2 and get the the Dell SETUP but not sure as to what or if I can do here.

Another previous post stated "Simply remove the drive from your system, and attach it to the other system either via internal cabling or a USB2 drive case (about $20)." How do you do this?

Would you provide me with some key words where I could search on you tube or something and watch a visual of this? I have an idea but I would like to know for sure. [Back up, or get another hard disk and remove the original disk and set it aside for later use as your backup, and do a new install.] [After the install is complete, attach the old drive to the internal cabling as a secondary drive, and copy your data back over]

I'm receiving the message
    The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with
    a status of 0xc000026c (0x00000000 0x00000000)

The PC booted fine one day, wouldn't boot up the next. I have auto updates enabled. I don't know if anything was updated between it being fine and failing. I don't have any idea what could be causing this, but I doubt it's a virus.
    It won't even boot up in safe mode, or last known good configuration
    I'm running a dell dimension 5150 with XP media centre edition 2006. It has both SP2 and SP3. I don't have the dell disks, but have asked for them to be sent.
    I'm currently connected on a laptop, but I'm limited in what I can download. I have a 500mb USB stick, so I'm fairly limited in what I can transfer using that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast