Thread: System Interrupt Controller

System Interrupt Controller

I did an upgrade of my motherboard recently, memory and CPU and also did a clean install of Windows. It was working great with some minor issues that was soved by me easily. But now I am seeing some stop errors with no regularity and not enough to prevent use of the PC. I checked at the event viewer log and I dont know how to interpret what is in there. I also went to a KB article and read what the errors mean. One of the error said that the ACPI BIOS in the system was not compliant with the ACPI specification, so I updated my Bios which was three versions old already. There was also some message about the Command Antivirus, that I dont have installed now. There was also some entry in Device Manager with yellow mark under other devices System Interrupt Controller and Usb Universal Serial Bus Controller. I solved the USB issue by updating Usb drivers with VIA 2.0 USB software and it went away. But I dont know anything about System Interrupt Controllers. So can anyone please help. Thanks

Re: System Interrupt Controller

Have you tried to install the motherboard chipset and all other drivers that is supplied on the motherboard CD?

Thanks for the reply. I used the mobo CD and it worked properly. I was thinking that the drivers for hte disk were for Via Sata and hot plug functions only.

Actually whenever you do a clean install then you always have to use the mobo CD to install the motherboard drivers.