Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

usb audio codec missing

Windows XP Support

Old 19-06-2007

usb audio codec missing

I am using a TTUSB USB turntable and it should work straight from the box without having a driver but when I plug it in, the new hardware wizard pops up and asks for a driver for a usb audio codec. I am not able to find this driver. Didnt it suppose to be a built in drivers in Windows? I have got a Dell machine with SoundMax sound card and it is running on Windows XP with SP2 and directx 9c version. Please help me out? Thanks.

Old 20-06-2007

Well, it seems to be a hardware problem to me rather than a software problem. Have you tried to search this same querie that you are facing on the web for some solutions?
Old 20-06-2007

RE: usb audio codec missing

Havent you got a s software CD with your TTUSB usb turntable (audacity)? You will have to install the same software first before connecting it to your computer. At the time of installation, it might tell you when to connect it and when to test it out.
Old 21-06-2007

Re: usb audio codec missing

I dont think Audacity has anything to do with the turntable. Its just a recording software. The USB turntable normally uses a built in feature of Windows XP that looks to me missing from my computer. This will work on other pc. This Usb Audio Codec is also used by webcams and other usb devices and I am missing it. Can anyone tell me how to get it without reinstalling Windows? Thanks.
Old 07-07-2007

Even I am facing a similar kind of issue. But in my case it was with a usb mic. And I also didnt want to reinstall Windows to get my mic to work. So after searching on the web I found out a USB Audio ASIO driver. After installing it, the mic on my pc started to work again. You can also try it and see if it works for you or not, just search for that driver on the internet.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,