Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unable to synchronize Time in Windows

Windows XP Support

Old 13-06-2007

Unable to synchronize Time in Windows

I am running Windows XP with Service Pack 2. After many occassions when I update the clock at the bottom right of the taskbar using either time.windows.com or time.nist.gov websites I am getting this error message "An error occurred while Windows was synchronizing with time.windows.com or An error occurred while Windows was synchronizing with time nist.gov". Can anyone please help me out with this issue? Thanks

Old 13-06-2007

RE: Unable to synchronize Time in Windows

You can try to use the sites button to add the 2 secure sites to my trusted zone. To do that, you can go to Internet Explorer > tools menu > options > security tab > highlight trusted zone icon.
Old 13-06-2007

Re: Unable to synchronize Time in Windows

Thanks for that but I am still getting the error messages after adding the sites to the trusted zone. Any other ideas?
Old 13-06-2007

Check if your time service is started by running services.msc. Also check the below article on "In Windows Server 2003 and in Windows XP, W32Time frequently logs Event ID 50, and poor time synchronization occurs"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830092/en-us

If you dont want to do the hotfixes or updates, then you might have to try running SFC /SCANNOW or do a repair setup of XP.
Old 20-06-2007

I am now getting Event ID 36 and Unusable timestamp, please help me out.
Old 06-11-2007

I was having problems with the clock when using Windows xp. By typing in time-a.nist.gov - all my problems seem to be solved. Thank you for relieving my stress!!!

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,