Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Device manager shows nothing..help

Windows XP Support

Old 11-06-2007

Device manager shows nothing..help

I had used a pen drive on my pc which had a virus on the same. Some person in my office just copied some office files on the same and I had just connected that to the server. Now when I try to launch device manager it gives me a error. It says that I am not having admin rights for doing the same. I need some help here to fix the issue. I am having windows xp here. I need some help to fix the problem. I tried to simply restore my system but that also did not worked. Ample of applications has now started crashing.

Old 11-06-2007

Re: Device manager shows nothing..help

Your entire system is infected with virus due to which you are facing problem. You can try to scan your system in safe mode which is the only option left here to fix the issue. But if that also does not work then you have to format your pc back again and then check back. I think that would be the best way to fix the issue. Just run a clean installation and do not forget to backup your data. That will be essential.
Old 12-06-2007

I think the only best option left is to simply format your system. It is already infected and it will spread on the entire network. Using windows installation cd you can simply run a repair setup. But that will not remove the virus from your pc. You have to simply format your pc after taking data backup. Which is quiet essential to some extent. Antivirus can help you here to fix the system but for that you will need to download a good antivirus for the same which will really work. Try Norton.
Old 12-06-2007

Try to backup your data first. Disconnect the pc from the network. It will be more helpful for blocking the virus from spreading on the network and reaching other computer. Just scan with a good antivirus in safe mode. You can here use a bootable scanner also. There are ample of antivirus available which you can burn on dvd and then scan your system. That works just fine without any problem. The scanning is also better here.
Old 13-06-2007

I had gone through the same kind of issue. I am having a laptop that came with windows xp. I had tried ample of antivirus and anti-malware tool. But nothing worked well. They just offer you protection for some basic time only. Later on the virus appears back. As I was having a laptop I restored everything back. It worked. There was no issue at all. This is one of the benefit of having branded system. It allows to restore the system back to the original settings which helped.
Old 15-01-2008

my Device Manager and see it totally blank. Absolutely nothing is shown there How can I fix this? I have Windows XP Home with Service Pack 2
Old 04-12-2008

hi nothings appear on my computer's device manager.. what should i do? it says plug and play service or another required services is not available. what is the solution for this? sounds not working too.. pls help!

To resolve this behavior, set the startup type for Plug and Play to Automatic. To do so, follow these steps:

Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
Double-click Plug and Play.

If you receive a Configuration Manager message, click OK.
In the Startup Type list, click Automatic, and then click OK.
Close Services.
Restart the computer.
i tried that but cudnt find the plug and play
i cuoldnt find it? how can i find the plug and play?

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,