Thread: Windows Installer error 1721

Windows Installer error 1721

I am looking to delete McAfee from my pc and I am only getting the message that a Windows installer module is not accessible, error 1721, contact the Support Center. I do not manage through Add/Delete program and also dont do it with the original disc, or with the help of McAfee Cleanup, which is all referring to Windows Installer. So, can anyone tell me other ways to remove McAfee from my computer? Thanks.

RE: Windows Installer error 1721

You could start to save date and rebuild again. I would suggest the Fast Wizard to help with that. Incase you have a net connection for storing data, then it is actually good. The save settings and data with the Files and Setting Transfer Wizard can be found at - http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/fast.htm

Even I am getting this same error message if I am trying to install anything new after trying to uninstall a program called "Mailshell Anti-spam Outlook Addin". I have gone in to the registry and deleted anything with the "Mailshell" word in it and have cleaned and compresses the registry. The Add or Remove Programs doesnt see a trace of anything left and all the files are gone from the c:\Program Files directory? Can anyone please help.

You can try to run the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility, just search it on the web and download and install it in your pc.

So I ran the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility and found nothing that looked like the "mailshell" installer or files. All the things that were listed were just the normal windows update and java things.

You can try to reinstall OE and see if something in an OR dependancy was changed by this mailshell. Try to search for msoe50.inf, it will be located in the C:\Windows\Inf folder, right click on it and then click install. After that insert XP CD when prompted, and then browe to the I386 folder and then click open and then press ok.