Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

No video, just sound and green screen

Windows XP Support

Old 31-05-2007

No video, just sound and green screen

HI,

I am a Windows XP user. I use Windows Media Player 10 as my default web browser. I got some Video from my friend but when I try to play the same on my PC, I just hear the sound but there is no video. All I get is Green screen.

But the same video is playing fine on my friends PC. Can anyone please tell me what could be wrong? Many Thanks.

Old 31-05-2007

Re: No video, just sound and green screen

By default windows media player is not capable to play all file formats, you need to make the required settings for the same. Just launch WMP, go to Tools > Options > Performance > Video Acceleration. Decrease the notch, hit Apply till the video shows.

Hopefully it should play now. Let me know the results.
Old 31-05-2007

Re: No video, just sound and green screen

Thats absolutely correct vshori. Kaanal can you just tell me what file extension are you trying to play? Probably it could be codec issue as well.

Download K-lite codec and install. This should fix the problem.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support