Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Problem with windows XP repair install

Windows XP Support

Old 28-05-2007

Problem with windows XP repair install

I need some help with Windows XP Repair setup here. I am trying to do that to get rid of virus and some existing installation. But it does not looks to be working fine. When I try to run the same I am getting a error on my screen saying that setup cannot copy file clbcatq.dl_. I am simply constantly getting the same on my screen when I am trying to restore my system. What can I do to fix the issue that I am facing. My repair is just halted in the mid way. Can anyone guide me to fix the same.

Old 28-05-2007

RE: Problem with windows XP repair install

Looks like corrupt recovery files. Due to which you are getting the problem. That is why you must always create a dvd of the recovery files. It is quiet important or else such issues are common. You will need to use a automated tool for the same. Once the recovery files is damage you cannot do anything here. You will need to simply use a Windows XP speed and run the installation back again which will fix the issue you are facing.
Old 29-05-2007

Yes this issue appears if the recovery image is blocked. It is essential that you must simply use a windows disc to install xp back. And here you can try your existing license key. The key might be mentioned in the documents or behind any set of cd's that came with the laptop. Just check that first and then go with the other recovery stuff. That will be more better to some extent.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,