Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

XP boot and safe mode hangs after agppcq.sys

Windows XP Support

Old 25-05-2007

XP boot and safe mode hangs after agppcq.sys

There is some problems in a users computer. It will not boot at all. I am trying to boot it into normal mode, it will get to the splash screen and never starts windows, it only has the progress bar moving but there is no HD activity. If I am trying to boot into safe mode, it gets to agpcpq.sys and then hangs forever. I cannot get into recovery console and have looked everywhere for a solution. Any ideas?

Old 25-05-2007

Re: XP boot and safe mode hangs after agppcq.sys

If you will google "XP hangs after agppcq.sys" then you will get many solutions for sure.
Old 25-05-2007

RE: XP boot and safe mode hangs after agppcq.sys

It seems to me like a Video driver is bad or not compatible with the operating system. So you can start with recovery console and disable this driver from starting up or read by the bootloader and boot up with the default windows video driver then get the right driver for your Video card and install it. Check the below links for some troubleshooting:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;324764

Updated Windows 2000 AGP Driver for the RCC HE Chip Set
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/258079

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,