Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

No sound devices show up in "Sound and Audio Devices Properties"

Windows XP Support

Old 22-05-2007

No sound devices show up in "Sound and Audio Devices Properties"

I can confirm that there is sound device in my pc, but it will not recognize those in Sound and Audio Devices Properties? Can anyone tell me what is this issue? Thanks.

Old 22-05-2007

Have you tried to install the drivers also? You need to check your utility disks, and one of those should have it. Incase its not there, then go to the manufacturers website and download the same, this drivers come for free usually.
Old 28-05-2007

Can you try to open your computer case and then get the name of the soundcard that is installed? After getting its name, go to its website and then download the latest drivers that needs to be compatible with Windows XP and then install them.
Old 28-10-2009

Re: No sound devices show up in "Sound and Audio Devices Properties"

seems i had the same problem. besides the obvious i tried everyfix i could find.in doing so it came to my attention-I had no plug and play device enumerator under system devices. found the fix on this site from optrex. So a special thanks goes out. thank you, i have my sound back

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,