Thread: Missing "Previous Versions" Tab from Home Folder

Missing "Previous Versions" Tab from Home Folder

I was trying to restore something from Home Folder. I am trying to do the same from volume snapshot. But somehow it looks like not working. Inside My Document I cannot find Previous Version tab. It was available there. But for some other folders I can see the snapshot. It is just not visible in the home folder. Can anyone help me in dealing with the issue. I think Volume Shadow Copy client is simply work great here but has issue with restoration. What are the options available to fix the same.

Re: Missing "Previous Versions" Tab from Home Folder

I found a link for your problem. The link has ample of information on fixing the problem of shadow copies and I am sure it will help you in fixing your problem. The link below gives you information on accessing the shadow copies which lies inside Windows Server 2003.

How to access shadow copies that reside on a Windows Server 2003-based computer by using the Shadow Copy Client in Windows 2000 or in Windows XP

I go this problem when I applied a new theme on Windows 7. The previous version tab just disappeared. Also the entire icon was messed up. Later on I found that theme was having a virus. Malwarebyte gave me popup about the same. In your system there also be a virus issue. Try to run system restore and see what output you are getting. System restore is a easy way to get old settings back and instantly resolve various issues. You can also try running a repair setup which will not touch your data and fix the problem.

To enable that back you have to turn on Volume Shadow. If this thing is turned off you get the issue. For that launch services.msc through Start > Run box. In that look for volume shadow and right click on the same. Set the same to automatic and reboot your system. Now you have to enable Previous Version. For which you have to do a bit changes in Windows registry. Launch registry editor by typing regedit in Start > Run box. And scroll to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\. In that delete DisableLocalPage and restart.