Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

AIOC.exe has encountered a problem-Dell Printer won't installl on

Windows XP Support

Old 17-05-2007

AIOC.exe has encountered a problem-Dell Printer won't installl on

I am using a Dell XPS Laptop running with Windows XP Media Center OS. I recently bought two new All in one printers, it is Dell 926 and Dell 944. Now though the laptop and Printers are of same brand, none of them are ready to get installed on this laptop. Whenever I try installing any of them, both fails with exactly the same error message:

?AIOC.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close? and sometimes ?Class Manager will not allow the installation?.

When I check device manager I can see the Yellow exclamation mark in front of the printers. When I called up Dell regarding this problem they the issue is with XP and I need to re-install operating system. But as per the searches done on web I found that it is the well-known compatibility issue.

Now am confused whether it is Driver problem as shown in device manager or is XP problem as stated by Dell customer representative. Can anyone please help me out? Thank you.

Old 17-05-2007

Re: AIOC.exe has encountered a problem-Dell Printer won't installl on

Dell service guys are trying to hide their faults. This is no way XP's problem instead Dell are responsible for the drivers for their printers since long time. Check their official website, search for your printer model page and see of you can find drivers for your printer and XP.
Old 17-05-2007

Re: AIOC.exe has encountered a problem-Dell Printer won't installl

Thanks for your input HELLIAN, even i think the issue is surely with Dell's drivers but they are not accepting the same instead blaming that there is glitch in Windows XP which can be fixed only re-installing the system. Now that is really inconvenient for me because just because of they said i cannot re-install my system. Also it doesn't seems to be the working solution for me.

But what could i do in this scenario to fix the issue? Please help.
Old 17-05-2007

Re: AIOC.exe has encountered a problem-Dell Printer won't installl

Seems to be associated with Dell printers only. It's possible that Dell obtained the driver from a third party.
Old 26-07-2009

Re: AIOC.exe has encountered a problem-Dell Printer won't installl on

I have the Dell AIO 944 hosted on a Windows XP computer and when I had to update the drivers for it to be shared to a Windows VISTA computer, I could no longer print from either computer. I uninstalled the VISTA driver, and reinstalled the XP driver and can no longer scan. I get the AIOC has encountered an error and must close every time I try. The VISTA computer cannot find the printer even though it is shared on the network because it says it doesn't have the right driver. Help?

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , ,