Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

System Restore Doesn't Work

Windows XP Support

Old 14-05-2007

System Restore Doesn't Work

I am trying to use the System Restore feature but it always gives me a message that says "Unable to restore - no changes made." I have got Norton Antivirus in my computer installed and is this causing the issue? Can anyone tell me a proper solution for this problem? Thanks.

Old 15-05-2007

Re: System Restore Doesn't Work

I think that, yes the norton antivirus can cause the System Restore to fail. So try to uninstall it and see if it works.
Old 15-05-2007

Thank you for the quick reply, after turning off the norton antivirus, the system restore started to work again.
Old 03-08-2007

The better solution would be to click on top of the Norton Antivirus screen and then click on norton internet security > settings > auto protect > configure > miscellaneous. After that go to how to protect my product and uncheck - turn on protection for my symantec protect and system restore will work again. After that when you will restore your pc to an earlier date then you should run the updates again.
Old 21-04-2009

After system restore is complete, when taken NAV off, I am not able to find any word document files.
Why is this and how can I find them?
Old 04-09-2010

I joined just to say a resounding THANK YOU to you! I've been having a System Restore problem for ages!

Though I use ZoneAlarm and not Norton, turning ZA off did the trick. (I disconnected from the internet first, of course, and rebooted in safe mode). Many thanks! :)

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,