Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

lsass.exe system error

Windows XP Support

Old 14-05-2007

lsass.exe system error

What does Isass.exe error means. I am getting this every time on startup. I tried to boot my system in safe mode also but still the issue is common. The complete error information is : lsass.exe - system error - security accounts manager initialization failed because of the following error. the handle was invalid. error status: 0xc0000008. I hope that this is not some kind of virus problem. I had already faced problem with security issues on my pc and after a troubleshooting it for long time it looks to be fixed.

Old 14-05-2007

RE: lsass.exe system error

It would be better if you scan your system in safe mode. It is very important that your system must not have any virus in your pc. If your existing antivirus is not able to detect any thing then try some other. Go in msconfig and disable some startup applications also. Then test back. I cannot recommend you to use system restore here. Because that can restore the virus also.
Old 14-05-2007

That can be a virus. The service lsass.exe is associated with Local Security Authentication Server. There can be some specific programs in the backend which are causing the problem. It is essential that you run a repair setup. A number of time it happens that the antivirus just ignore the virus scanning and you get such kind of errors. There are ample of great tools available on the web which can give you more detail information on such issues.
Old 14-05-2007

Try to run system restore and then see whether the error is gone or not. It is very important that you keep your system antivirus updated. There can be some associated service or file which is causing the crash. You can use a tool called as Hijackthis to find out the number of applications working in your system. On that basis you can simply disable or turn it off. So that will be more better.
Old 07-07-2008

lsass.exe is mostly a windows file. But some malware can run through. What recent applications you had installed recently in your pc. It is necessary that you go in control panel > add remove program and remove them. Just un-install them completely and then check back. That will be a bit more better to get rid of the issue you are facing. You can run msconfig and in that go in startup. There checkout the list of programs. You have to remove the tick from any active running software.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,