Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Logon logoff loop?

Windows XP Support

Old 14-05-2007

Logon logoff loop?

I am using Windows XP with SP2 and after running boot scan using the antivirus I cannot logon to Windows. I am getting the logon screen, and then choose the user and after entering the password I am tryin to log in. But after getting the login message I immediately get a logging off message and I am kicked out back to the user logon screen. Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem? Thanks.

Old 15-05-2007

Well, you can try to boot to safe mode by clicking on F8 on restart of the pc and then try the default Administrator account to login. If you can get into recovery console, that will also work for you. If this doesnt work for you, then try to repair the Windows XP setup by following the below link:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917964

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: