Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Active Desktop

Windows XP Support

Old 12-05-2007

Active Desktop

I was having a html page displayed on my desktop some time back, but I have tried to do the same on my Windows XP computer and I cannot display it now. I cannot see any settings anywhere to enable Active Desktop, but I think that active desktop is enabled as I use Active Desktop Calendar. I tried disabling ADC but still not able to get any kind of html page to display on my desktop. Can anyone help. Thanks.

Old 12-05-2007

RE: Active Desktop

I think that the web page (.htm) can be embedded with the activex and displayed in the Display app or Properties > Desktop tab > Customize desktop button > Web tab. If you want to disable the SP2 warning for running activeX on a local computer page, go to Internet Explorer > Tools menu > Options > Advanced Tab and scroll down to the Security area and then check the box for "Allow active content to run in files on My Computer".
Old 12-05-2007

Re: Active Desktop

Thanks, I have tried everything that you have said but I dont get the warning but I still ticked the box that you have told, but I still see nothing on my desktop, just as a trial I used and it appears to connect and synchronize, but still I cannot see anything.
Old 12-05-2007

Re: Active Desktop

Well, it seems to me that you have not unlocked the desktop while you were there.
Old 12-05-2007

Well, that is not a local page. Probably you need to surf to the site, and wait for the activex warning to click and approve running it.
Old 21-05-2007

Follow the below steps:
  1. First of all right click on an empty space on the desktop and choose Properties.
  2. After that select the Desktop tab.
  3. Now you have select Customize Desktop
  4. And then choose the Web tab
  5. Lastly select New and navigate to where the html file is that you want to display.
Old 18-06-2007

SAME problem.

I've got the EXACT same problem on my SP2 XP box. Any ideas?

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: