Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Missing change/remove icon in add/remove programs

Windows XP Support

Old 11-05-2007

Missing change/remove icon in add/remove programs

I need some help here with getting rid of missing icons of most application that I am not using it. I can see them inside add/remove but I am not able to get rid of the same. I am not able to find any way to complete remove it. I had installed some toolbar before that I want to remove. But somehow it does not looks to be working well. There is a problem with the files. I am not having the setup so I cannot install it at all.

Old 11-05-2007

RE: Missing change/remove icon in add/remove programs

There are some system cleaner software that can help you to get rid of this unwanted files. Just download this from web. One of them is Revo Uninstaller. You can get the demo version of this tool and test it out. There are free tools also. A number of time due to invalid registry files the installer fails to remove the files due to which you face this kind of issue. Zsoftuninstaller is another free tool for the same purpose.
Old 12-05-2007

What error are you facing exactly. Are you dealing with any problem of removing application. If a application fails to remove completely, then it is due to missing uninstaller or simply incomplete entries in windows registry. It is necessary that you must go in registry and search for the application name. Then delete them all manually and then try to clean your system. You can also download and install a registry cleaner software which will help you more in dealing with problem you are facing.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,