Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

svchost.exe application error (different memory write error)

Windows XP Support

Old 10-05-2007

svchost.exe application error (different memory write error)

I am trying to install Windows XP with Media Center and getting too much of errors, so I went back and ran an install of Windows XP with Service Pack 2. The error that I am getting is mentioned below:

svchost.exe - application error
The instruction at "0x009a9eec" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be written.

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this error?

Old 10-05-2007

RE: svchost.exe application error (different memory write error)

So, I have asked this issue on many discussion boards but still I keep getting the workaround to try a clean install of the Operating System. Are not there any other way to solve this issue without a clean install? Thanks
Old 11-05-2007

RE: svchost.exe application error (different memory write error)

I am also getting same issues. I have allowed automatic updates to run today and in some of its steps, the same error appeared and stopped the update. Now, whenever the computers boots up, then the error appears and it disables networked drives. When I boot in safe mode with networking, there is no error. Can anyone please help.
Old 10-07-2007

Tried Dial a Fix?

I would try to use Dial a Fix, it has several ways of flushing Windows updates that fail, as well as registering broken DLL's etc, just check all the options and chose go, one of the best little tools out there, I use it all the time.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,