Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Irql_not_less_or_equal

I was facing some freezing problems while playing a game called Rakion on my Windows XP desktop. So I thought there would be some process in the background that is creating the problems. Hence, without quitting the game, I opened task manager by keys Ctrl + Alt + Del, killed all unwanted processes running in the background and tried maximizing the game as it was right there in the taskbar.

But here started the problem. As soon as I tried to maximize Rakion game, my screen was black for about 30 seconds, game dint appeared and suddenly got a Blue Screen. This is the first time ever I got the bluescreen on this system. Now as there was bunch of test written, I managed to note down the following only as soon as I can:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    ***STOP: 0x0000000A (0X9DB46240, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x80522E06)
    BEGINNING DUMP OF PHYSICAL MEMORY.
    PHYSICAL MEMORY DUMP COMPLETE.

I tried to get some help online on web but there is nothing related to this. Hjope you guys have understood my problem. If yes, please help.

Re: Irql_not_less_or_equal

Most probably drivers could be the reason for the bluescreen while gaming. Other cause behind this could be RAID or SCSI drivers as well. hence i'll suggest if you have some driver or card that needs updating, update it now. Also try to update your Windows from Microsoft's server.

Re: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

According to the error message you quoted above, any incompatible hardware, faulty driver or any Application Program that is using memory address 0x80522E06 could be the reason. And your error means that any driver or kernel-mode process was trying to get access for memory location where it don’t have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level, that is IRQL, was too high as well. Anyways, there is process that will help you to identify the cause and fix the problem. Just make sure you have Excel on your system. Most of the time when such error or bluescreen appears, the info we see on the screen does not provide the exact cause or application, driver, or other component file where the error occurred. As I said the error is due to some device driver in windows. So for that you have to trace it first and then only we can work on solutions.For that you can use any application like notepad, word or excel to keep a track of errors that are appearing. You can submit those files to Microsoft help center, or forums to get the right solution on the same. It is quiet possible sometime to trace the hardware which is involved in the error. There can be number of things associated with the same. MSDN has ample of resources on finding the information on each parameter mentioned in the stop code.

That is the best way to collect quick detail on the same. Another thing that you can try out is using PSTAT utility. This offers you option to check the parameters. You can use this in CMD. If you cannot find this in your pc then you can download that from Internet. You can either search it on Microsoft site or simply look for download from other places. Once you had arranged the download, you have to install it and then run CMD. It will provide you a report. To read the in proper way provide only .txt extension. The command for the same is pstat>C:\junk\pstat.txt. This thing will generate a report in the C drive. You can change the location of file just by putting a manual path after junk\. Open the same in Notepad to read the same.

Here are some of my question that I am willing to ask to find the issue you are facing. First thing what is the gpu used in your system. I need the detailed specification. Second does the same gpu is used in the old computer also. Did you have replaced that or using the same one. Third what is the psu used in your system. This is another important part where I need detailed specs of psu in your system. And the last thing I want to know that does DMA is set enabled in your system.

Thank you sir. I've been suffering from the same problem. I followed these steps while battling through BSODs.

I think I tracked down the culprit. My results for the highest value is as follows:

Ntfs.sys F7B52000 95872 7040 412544 Fri Feb 9 6:10:31 2007

My problem is I don't know what to do with this newly acquired information. Do I simply replace NTFS.sys with a new one? Can I get it from any computer or does it have to be tailored specifically to my computer?

Thanks for your help.
    - Dex

PS: I'm sorry if I'm bumping a really old topic.
    Last edited by Dex Luther; 10-06-2008 at 11:22 PM.

I love google and the internet.
    I got this message with the blue screen of death, then I found this post. The critical words in it are "Installing an old version of EZ CD Creator with Direct CD will cause this, bad RAID or SCSI drivers..."
    I think that is part of my problem. I was trying to read a DVD burned by EZ CD, and about half way through it XP crashed. First time in years... and it gave me heart failure. Fortunately, it looks like a restart took care of it, and I won't be try that DVD again. Can't wait for Windows 7...
    BlueScreenOfDeath... enough said.

irql_not_less_or_equal

I've read all the threads concerning this error message but none cover what my laptop is doing.

Mine tries to load Windows, can't and goes to the "windows did not shut down properly screen" where you have the options to do safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt, last good configuration, or start windows normally.

I have tried selecting all of the above and each time it jumps to a blue screen that says

"a problem has been detected with windows, then the irql_not_less_or_equal.
    it tells me to restart and select safe mode and also have a paragraph about checking to make sure all new hard/software is properly installed, etc."

I'm paraphrasing because the blue screen with this message only stays up for a split second and then the computer shuts off, immediately comes back on and repeats the whole procedure again.

The various threads say stuff about going to the start menu or defraging, or being in safe mode and getting to the command prompt. I cannot do any of the above. I do have restore disks but it's also been a couple of months since I truly backed up and I was hoping to avoid losing all the music, etc.

While I understand some of this stuff, I'm not real good with the windows insides so please reply in as plain of english as possible!

Thanks for all your help!

Re: irql_not_less_or_equal

My Dell Inspiron 600m also did the same thing. I tried recommendations (safe mode, unplug DVD drive, scan disk for errors, start from last known good configuration, etc...), however, it doesn't work. Please help.
    Last edited by ikpicachu; 21-02-2010 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Need to specify Operating System as XP.

Here 3 years after the last post, I must be way out of date. But here goes: running PSTAT I found the next lowest address to 804DC304 given in the STOP message is 804D7000 -> NTOSkernl.exe. Oops! That is not quite replaceable. Any suggestions on this?

Quote Originally Posted by pabloinla View Post
    Here 3 years after the last post, I must be way out of date. But here goes: running PSTAT I found the next lowest address to 804DC304 given in the STOP message is 804D7000 -> NTOSkernl.exe. Oops! That is not quite replaceable. Any suggestions on this?
    Install security update 931784
    To install the most current update, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
    http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com
    You can also install security update 931784 at the following Microsoft Web site:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Thanks for the response. My reply is in two parts:
    1) my updates are more current than the security update you recommend, according to the Microsoft message I got when I tried to install the patch.

2) I believe I have found the source of the issue. My ASRock Motherboard has 4 dual-channel memory slots. I purchased four 1 Gb DIMM some time ago. When I put them in, only 3 Gb is recognized, a motherboard limitation. I took out one of the memory modules. Apparently when I use Photoshop and Bridge, both memory hogs, I get up to that 3 Gb limit and then wham, access to the missing module causes a shutdown or a blue screen. Now I read the DIMMs must be installed as a pair. I tried to work with the 4th module installed, then only Photoshop crashes, but leads to loss of all the work I am doing.
    So I will work with only 2 DIMM installed as a pair. When I get to the 2 Gb limit, everything slooooooows down but there is no crash.

I am having the same BSOD issue as well as having an occasional Green Screen of Death Issue (GSODI).

Even in Safe Mode after rebooting and pressing F8 the system eventually crashes.

The error that I see most of the time is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL followed by the error coding

***STOP: 0x0000008E (0xc0000005, 0x805787F8, 0xF767698C, 0x00000000)

as well as sometimes receiving a Bad_Pool_Call

The BSOD also says to disable memory caching and shadowing

I checked the BIOS Settings and it seems like the Boot Priority is set to DVD-CD ROM before the actual hard drive.

For some reason I am not able to access or change any BIOS Settings and wonder if the reason for the BSOB and GSODI could be of the Boot Priority.

All I have set a password in order to even be able to use the computer

Blackscreen Password Function that allows you go past turning the machine on.

These error messages started today when I turned my PC on to use the printer and almost instantly received a BSOD.

About two months ago I was using Microsoft Works and on exiting the program Microsoft Works hung causing me to do a cold boot. (Turning the power off and then back on.)
    The next day my DVD-CD drive stopped working. I messed around with reconnecting the DVD-CD several times without success and finally gave up on it.

Recently I purchased a LITEON Slim Drive from Wal-Mart to replace the DVD-CD Drive with. The device worked great for a few days until now.

When I plug the Slim Drive in the system will not boot up. But after removing the USB from the PC USB Port and reboot the system works fine until I get a BSOD

I did receive an odd file error relating to a win/system32.k message.

I have tried using another repair tool that I found from another website but the system usually crashes before it can finish.

What the repair tool did discover is that there are over 800 registry problems revolving around DVD.

Any help would appreciated.

I have also been trying to hot scoop (dragging folders on the desktop during BSOD Errors) into a flashdrive that way if I am able to get the OS Install Disc to run I can simply reinstall the Operating System.

Also would getting an internal DVD-CD drive for my PC be better than the External version?
    Last edited by dryson; 29-02-2012 at 04:56 AM.

Hi dryson,

First of all getting an internal or external dvd drive doesnt matter, you see, i find external one pretty useful, since you can carry and plug it in any different pc you want. Now coming to the error message that you are getting, it seems to me that the ram installed on your machine could be the source of problem, so try to remove some of the memory modules that are installed on the computer. Leave at least the RAM that is required for the computer to start and run and check if you get any errors.

Hi there,

If anyone can help me I would be really grateful...

I had been getting this message as per the first post in this thread. It is an old laptop I bought second hand from eBay for my young sons to use so don't know any thing about it other than being told it was fully working but I needed to buy a wireless card as the seller was keeping his.

Ireland message appeared on using web browsers. Have uninstalled new linksys thing several times and seems to be better. Boys use and get bsod! Let windows install wireless card and seems ok. Works a bit longer then bsod with different message.

Spend hours getting every update possible from microsoft.

Am now getting
    A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage
    to your computer.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen,
    restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow
    these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.
    If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer
    for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware
    or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
    If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart
    your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then
    select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000001,0x00000002,0x00000001,0xF8078104)

*** stac97sys - Address F8078104 base at F8078104 base at F806c000, Datestamp 41991dd07

Beginning dump of physical memory
    Physical memory dump complete.
    Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further
    assistance.

Thanks for reading, all help appreciated.

Many thanks,

Maria

Hi Maria cm,

The error that you are getting may occur if you use a Logitech mouse and the version of the Logitech MouseWare program that is installed on the computer is outdated. To resolve this behavior, remove the Logitech MouseWare program from the computer and then update to the latest version of Logitech MouseWare.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast