Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Vista Movie Maker Saved Projects wont play on XP Movie Maker

Windows XP Support

Old 06-05-2007

Vista Movie Maker Saved Projects wont play on XP Movie Maker

I am making a project on Vista Movie Maker and no one with XP movie maker can open them. So, is there something they can do to open and continue working on the projects. Thanks

Old 06-05-2007

Re: Vista Movie Maker Saved Projects wont play on XP Movie Maker

There is some useful info at the following site:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/w...ws-movie-maker

You can try to go to Vista and then Movie Maker and then Intro at number 2 and it states: "2 - Project files that have been used in Vista cannot be used in MM2 in XP, even those that started there. It's a one way street."
Old 07-05-2007

There could be incompatibility that might have a double edge, its also a good reason not to subscribe to a new way. I have also ghosted back to XP and put my free dell vista upgrade in the draw. Many people are avoiding vista for some sort of compatibility issue.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,