Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

lanmanworkstation slow at startup

Windows XP Support

Old 04-05-2007

lanmanworkstation slow at startup

I have a laptop running with Windows XP. This laptop is connected on a network which cannot be disabled. Until last month there was no problem with this but suddenly don?t know what went wrong it got very slow during start up. It use to take around 2 minutes to start completely. I thought upgrading RAM may fix the problem. I upgraded it to 1GB RAM but still the bootup time is same as before.

Do anyone of you have any idea what is wrong with this laptop? Is there any working solution for the same? Please help.

Old 04-05-2007

RE: lanmanworkstation slow at startup

If even upgrading RAM to 1GB doesn?t fix the problem then am sure the slow startup is due to the network itself. What you need to do is go to My Computer > tools > map network drive. Here uncheck the 'reconnect at logon' checkbox (es).

That?s it. Now see what the startup time is.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support