Thread: Netlogon not Running?

Netlogon not Running?

I have a laptop that has Windows XP SP2 installed. The boot up sequence takes far longer than it should, usually 2 minutes. If I am trying to login, then no matter what username I use or even Admin, it gives me the same message "Unable to log you in because the netlogon service is not running on this machine." I was thinking that the issue could be that the machine was not connected to our local network so I connected and got the same message. Instead of going in as a member of the network, I tried to log on with a new local account and got the message, "The system cannot log you on now because the domain ABCD is not available." ABCD is the name of the computer and the same thing happens if I am trying to log on as admin. I also get different error message at the time of startup and shut down like "The instruction at "0x00401ffa" referenced memory at "0x00000000." The memory could not be "read."

Does anyone has any solution.

RE: Netlogon not Running?

Everything looks to me like a hard drive problem. You can try to boot to CD, enter the recovery console prompt (setup/press 'r' for repair prompt) Run CHKDSK /F and then test the system. If entry to recovery console fails, it's definately the disk. You might get some info out of chkdsk from the GUI interface in windows. Right click a drive icon in my computer, properties, tools tab, 'error checking'.

RE: Netlogon not Running?

Thanks for the tips, it seems that when I press 'R' then it told me that there are no hard drive present. So, it definitely seems to be a hard drive issue.

Re: Netlogon not Running?

It seems to me that you need to load SATA/RAID drivers by using the F6 key and a floppy diskette. The setup program or Recovery Console cannot see the disk if it does'nt have the drivers for the controller.