Thread: DCOM server process terminates unexpectedly (malware issue)

DCOM server process terminates unexpectedly (malware issue)

Some form of spyware completely messed up my computer, and I'm having troubles fixing it. I have Windows XP with service pack 2 installed, and whenever I boot the computer I get a couple application errors, usually involving svchost, but I've also seen errors from almost every other application on my computer. Something keeps shutting down my computer and the programs on it, and I need to find a way to get onto my desktop and run my anti-spyware programs. Safe mode does not appear to make a difference, since I still received the shutdown message the one time I managed to access the option. It's the one that says DCOM launcher service process terminated unexpectedly, so NT AUTHORITY starts to shut down my computer before I even make it to the desktop. So, I have less than a minute to do something before it shuts off each time, and that's irritating as heck. Reformatting is my very last option, since I'd lose months worths of files and work (I know, I know, back up your files). If someone could tell me how to access the menu to choose safe mode (windows xp is dumb, since F8 does nothing, f1 goes to setup, and f10 goes to system restore [which gets me the DCOM error]), so I really have no idea how to select safe mode each time.

RE: DCOM server process terminates unexpectedly (malware issue)

The very first thing you need to do is immediately turn ON your Firewall immediately. Both, Windows Firewall and third party Firewall (If Any). As far as Shutdown is concerned, you can stop the shutdown temporarily by running the following command in Start > Run:

SHUTDOWN /A

And as per "Blaster worm" bug, you should download nay good malware removal tool from web. Better get it from the Windows Update Page and clean up the system.

Okay, I ran all the anti-spyware and antivirus and registry scan programs I could find, and everything seems to be working as normal, except for three things. When I'm booting up, at the welcome screen I get 3 or 4 messages saying there is no disk in the drive, and they all have locations like \HardDisk\DR3 , but the computer starts up fine after I click 'continue' on each message. Then I get a few application errors, usually involving 'svchost' or 'spoolsv'. Thirdly, I keep getting the 'system shutdown' message when I reach the desktop, which I can avoid by setting the date back a day on my computer. Also, the Windows/Microsoft Update site doesn't seem to be working for my computer. Here's a HijackThis log, if that helps

Re: DCOM server process terminates unexpectedly (malware issue)

Do yo have installed Browser Helper Object (BHO) in your browser? If yes, this could be the cause of problem and you should immediately remove the same by going to "Manage Add-ons" under Internet Explorer Tools menu. There is also an activeX class loading in IE, tools, options, web browsing Settings button, View Objects button , called MUWebControl Class.

Furthermore, according to your post and problems, to me it seems like there are many damaged files on your system which are resulting in this problem and this can be easily fixed by repairing the system. if you have Windows XP CD, simply repair your OS.

Re: DCOM server process terminates unexpectedly (malware issue)

delete this files

O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\common files\pc tools\lsp\pctlsp.dll
    O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\common files\pc tools\lsp\pctlsp.dll

these files wont make u connect to internet