Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows Login password fails. Can switch user without getting login screen and bypass password !?!?!?

Windows XP Support

Old 28-04-2007

Windows Login password fails. Can switch user without getting login screen and bypass password !?!?!?

I forgot my login password. I tried a number of different password settings but nothing helped. Can anyone help me here to bypass the same. I recently changed the password and it is out of my mind know. I do not remember what was it exactly. I have to check some important mails here. Now as the system is locked I am unable to find any option to remove the same. I do not want to format my system. I am having a XP disk. Will that help to remove the current password.

Old 28-04-2007

You can remove that through command prompt. Boot in safe mode and choose safe mode with command prompt. If windows ask you for the password then you can use Windows installation cd to boot in recovery console. In that go in the windows directory and type net user. Hit enter. You will get a list of user accounts active in your pc. Again type net user nameofuseraccount * and hit enter twice. Restart your pc and the password will be cleared.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,