Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Multiple Monitors on laptop

Windows XP Support

Old 24-04-2007

Multiple Monitors on laptop

I am using Dell laptop which is running on Windows XP. If I connect a second monitor and turn it on the computer then both monitors are showing the same thing. After I opened Display Properties and clicked on Settings then on the second monitor and put a checkmark on Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor and clicked OK the second monitor started showing only the wallpaper. The taskbar and icons disappeared. I tried unchecking Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor and clicking OK, but that caused the second monitor to shut off. How can I get it back to showing the exact same thing on both monitors? Help

Old 24-04-2007

RE: Multiple Monitors on laptop

Alright, so by using system restore I have solved my problem, so if anyone is facing this similar issue can read from this post to fix their issues as well.
Old 10-05-2007

Even I am facing the same problem. I bought a 3d graphics card, but when I plug my monitor into it,it shows just an extended image of the desktop. I want to make my graphic card the primary desktop and eliminate the other "screen".
Old 02-03-2014

Re: Multiple Monitors on laptop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amitgujaran View Post
Alright, so by using system restore I have solved my problem, so if anyone is facing this similar issue can read from this post to fix their issues as well.
That's hardly a universal solution. System restore will do a different thing --maybe bad-- on every computer!

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , ,