Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Insufficient resources exist to complete the requested service.

Windows XP Support

Old 21-04-2007

Insufficient resources exist to complete the requested service.

I am getting some problem with the system memory. I am getting insufficient resources error on the same. I had tried to check the same by turning of some applications. But it is not working fine. I am having two ram in my pc. Among which one is 512mb and the other one is 256mb. So that looks to be fine enough for my Windows XP pc. But somehow it looks that the system is getting slow day by day. When I try to launch some applications or program. I am getting a error on the screen saying - Insufficient resources exist to complete the requested service. I am not able to fix the problem. The error is now more frequent. I am having Trend Micro in my pc.

Old 21-04-2007

RE: Insufficient resources exist to complete the requested service.

Try some startup cleaner. Some application on boot is consuming a huge amount of system restore. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del and launch Task Manager. In that go in performance section and see the amount of RAM/CPU usage. If it is high then go in Process and look for the application which is consuming the maximum amount of RAM or CPU. Terminate the process and then check back.
Old 21-04-2007

Download and install WinUtilities Startup Cleaner in your pc. The application scans for working applications on boot and stops them. You can do the same through msconfig but for that you will have to find which file is associated with which application. That can be bit complicated. You can also use Hijackthis to generate a complete log report of applications working in your pc. Try to run multiple system scan and then check back.
Old 22-04-2007

Looks like completely exhausted memory. Try to clear the same. There are some advance app killer on web. You can run them to instantly turn of unused background application. Also there can be virus problem in the pc. Due to virus the cpu and ram usage remains on 100%. You can find that in Task Manager. Boot your system in safe mode and scan for virus. If you are having a good antivirus then it will clean the system or else you will have to re-install xp.
Old 23-04-2007

Boot your system in safe mode. Go in msconfig > startup and disable startup services. Later on go in System Restore and restore your system to an older time if the msconfig trick does not work. If still the pc is working slow then I think you have to run a repair setup of windows. It can be due to virus. Hijackthis can give you location of each application running in your pc but cannot remove or fix them. Backup your data and run the repair setup.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,