Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Specified port cannot be added. The request is not supported

Windows XP Support

Old 20-04-2007

Specified port cannot be added. The request is not supported

I am using Windows XP Media Center PC here. I had installed 2002 edition on the same. I had checked all the registry settings but somehow it looks to be a bit poor. I am facing issue with the local port monitor. The affected file is localspl.dll. I am bit confused here with the issue that I am facing. I cannot find any solution for the same. Does anyone know how can I get rid of the error.

Old 23-04-2007

Some it depends on the port name you are trying to configure. The settings also depend on the security application in your system. It is essential that you must simply disable your security application for sometime and then check back again. That will be simply more helpful for you in fixing the problem you are facing. Just reconfigure your security services or to test disable them and then move ahead with port forwarding.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,