Thread: Windows XP gets stuck at driver loading in safe mode

Windows XP gets stuck at driver loading in safe mode

Hello,
    right getting off to basics, im 15, im pritty smart with computers for my age, but i need help. My computer is running Microsoft XP SP3. Not sure of the specs seems as though i can't access it :/. All i know is i have 80gb of hard drive space (sata). 512mb RAM :(. Ati Radeon x300SE with all updated drivers.

Well anyway, Heres the problem.

I load up windos xp and it goes normally, till the desktop loads up with all my shortcuts and icons ect..... After this, the hourglass mouse appears for arund 2 minuites, i am unable to click anything at this point. Now I think Windows explorer (explorer.exe) must of crashed at is has just restarted. I am able to now click something, as i do, i doubleclicked a picture on my desktop and the hourglass pointer then re-appeared, and the picture hasn't still yet loaded. The blue Start bar at the bottom hasn't appeared either.

Anyway, i turned off my computer and tried putting it into safe mode, it worked before but now going to load it it gets stuck on one of the drivers loading, if you need me to quote this directory i will do. and it gets stuck on this for arund 5 mins then just turns off and re-starts back into normal windos, so i am now stuck on my desktop again. I will be getting a Windows Microsoft Office SP3 instalation disk tomorow, and i don't have any recovery disks handy at this moment in time. Luckily, whilt i could access safe mode, i grabbed my USB and stored al my work, school work and files i needed so i have got it all backed up and everything else i need on disks/other USBs.

Well anyway, if you could get back to me ASAP as i need this computer up and running so i can edit videos ASAP. Thanks
    Jack

Re: Windows XP gets stuck at driver loading in safe mode

Reinstall the operating system and check it again. it will help you to identify the issue. i am sure you will crack this issue. go through the following link and see if you are getting any help from it or not.

http://forums.techarena.in/windows-x...ort/112190.htm
    Can't boot, black screen, "Safe mode" stuck at agp440.sys driver
    XP boot and safe mode hangs after agppcq.sys