Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Registry editing has been disabled by your administrator

Windows XP Support

Old 18-04-2007

Registry editing has been disabled by your administrator

I am not able to run regedit because my computer is telling me that "Registry editing has been disabled by your administrator". I am the administrator on my computer. I am trying to find a solution to restore folder options that has disappeared from the tools menu? Can anyone please help me out? Thanks for any information.

Old 18-04-2007

Re: Registry editing has been disabled by your administrator

The error message that you are getting could be because of the malware issue. You have to ensure that you computer is free from this malware and virus problem. Have you got any antivirus installed in your computer, if not then download it and do a complete scan of your pc and remove all the nasties.
Old 18-04-2007

Download the "Disable or Enable Registry Editing Tools" from this link:

For Disabling - http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs...istrytools.reg

For Enabling - http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs...ytoolsundo.reg

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,