Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

shortcut for offer remote assistance

Windows XP Support

Old 18-04-2007

shortcut for offer remote assistance

Hi, this is HP laptop with Windows XP SP2. As of now when I need to connect “Offer Remote Assistance” I need to tap F1, then go to Tools and click Remote Assistance. This sounds long process. Is there any way I can add a shortcut for the same anywhere to get access directly with just one click?

I hope it would be possible. I have also given it a try by adding it to my favorites in help and support but that dint worked. Can anyone please help me out with the same?

Old 18-04-2007

Re: shortcut for offer remote assistance

If you are talking about Remote Assistance than there is a shortcut in Windows Live Messenger but it is not the Offer Remote Assistance. The one we get on Live Messenger is called ?Request Remote Assistance?. The best shortcut you can get with less number of clicks is under Actions menu. There is no other way of making its shortcut.
Old 19-04-2007

RE: shortcut for offer remote assistance

Hello dave@at, Just try out the following steps and see if this is what you were looking for:

Right click anywhere on the desktop and select New/Shortcut.
Enter the following command in the provided feild:
%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\rcimlby.exe -LaunchRA

Hope it works.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,