Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Can't copy images to CD's

Windows XP Support

Old 14-04-2007

Can't copy images to CD's

I am running Windows XP on my computer and a DVD/CD drive as well. With the same drive I am able to play and record DVD's and can play recorded music on CDs through Windows Media Player. But the problem is I cannot copy image files like .jpg, etc, on the CDs. If I am trying to make copies, then I am constantly getting a box that says "Windows encountered a problem when trying to copy this file. What do you want Windows to do (retry, skip or cancel?)" Can anyone please help me out? Thanks.

Old 14-04-2007

Re: Can't copy images to CD's

I dont think you will be able to copy to a CD like you can to a hard drive or a Usb pen drive. You will need some softwares like Nero or Roxio to burn it to a disc. With these all programs you can copy a bulk of data to a CD or a DVD and that is the normal way to do it. Incase you have small items to store everytime then you can copy those to a CD and keep copying day after day until the CD is full.
Old 15-04-2007

Re: Can't copy images to CD's

Thanks for the suggestions. I have the Nero software installed in my computer and will try out the things that you have told me.
Old 10-06-2007

RE: Can't copy images to CD's

Incase you image files are in your pictures folder, then go to the media center and then open it and then create a CD/DVD, it will be able to format it, and then burn or rip them from there.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: