Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

"Windows Script Host Access is Disabled on this Machine" Error

Windows XP Support

Old 10-04-2007

"Windows Script Host Access is Disabled on this Machine" Error

I was comfortably using recently bought Lexmark Printer 2300 on my Windows XP Pro system. Yesterday I did a Windows Update and found that Printer is removed from the system .So I tried installing the same again but every time it gives me an error message saying ?Windows Script Host Access is disabled on this Machine. Contact your administrator for details.?

I don?t know why is it appearing and what does it means. I tried searching for this error Google as well as MS Knowledge base but dint found anything working. So I request you guys to please let me know what should I do to fix this problem?

Old 10-04-2007

RE: "Windows Script Host Access is Disabled on this Machine" Error

You need to make some changes in the registry in order to disable the Windows Script host. Probably you will need to set the Value for Enabled to 1 or delete the Enabled value. You can get more info about this here in this TechNet article:

Disabling Windows Script Host http://technet.microsoft.com/library/ee198684.aspx

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , ,