Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Internet Explorer 7 and Java problem

Windows XP Support

Old 08-04-2007

Internet Explorer 7 and Java problem

I had upgraded the latest version of Internet Explorer 7 on my pc. I thought this will be better and it will make my system more stable. But somehow there is a problem with java. The java is not working. I am having list of some websites that has javascript used in them. It is not working well at all. It is not giving me any output and many stuff is disabled. Even games are not working. What should I do to fix the problem.

Old 08-04-2007

RE: Internet Explorer 7 and Java problem

Try to download the update manually from website and install the same in your pc. Then you can test those website back in Internet Explorer. I am sure that will work fine. By default it might not come pre-installed with the browser. You will have to arrange the same manually and then it only it will work fine. You can also run windows update. I hope you can find some updates for java through automatic updates. That will be more beneficial to some extent.
Old 11-04-2007

Re: Internet Explorer 7 and Java problem

I am also getting the same issue. Even after manual installation things are not working fine. I think there is some kind of bug with Internet Explorer. I am going to downgrade the existing version and then test back. I am sure that will be quiet enough to fix the problem I am facing. I am still having the setup file of older edition. The new one is more stable and faster but this java thing is simply causing problem.
Old 13-03-2008

RE: Internet Explorer 7 and Java problem

There is no need to downgrade. There are chances that after new upgrade JAVA is turned off. You have to turn it on back. For that launch Internet Explorer and then simply click on Tools. Now check for Security Tab. In that click on Custom Level button and look for Scripting of Java Applets. You will need to look for the same. Here you have to check the radio button and then click on ok. Now check back. JAVA will start working.
Old 13-03-2008

Just download the latest version of JAVA that's all. Once you install the same in your pc you will be able to access java components on the website. Ample of problem only appears if there is issue related to updates. The same also occur for flash. To avoid more errors you can do one thing. Before installing the latest edition go in Control Panel and remove the older one. Then go for the fresh setup. I am sure that will be enough to fix the issue you are facing.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,