Thread: DLL\WINDOWS\system32\HHCTRL.OCX Helpppp please

DLL\WINDOWS\system32\HHCTRL.OCX Helpppp please

I am getting some hhctrol.ocx error on boot. I am simply not able to understand the problem. I found on web and found that the issue lies with some dll file. How can I replace the same. The complete error that I am facing is associated with some hhctrl.ocx. I am unable to get any fix for the same. Can anyone help me here to fix the problem. How to find which application is causing the problem. I am not able to locate anything.

Re: DLL\WINDOWS\system32\HHCTRL.OCX Helpppp please

I am giving you a link below that can help you to fix the problem. It is recommended that you perform a windows update. That will help you to deal with the problem. There are some hotfix available on the same. You can download that and install it in your pc. That hotfix will help you more in fixing the problem. Just run the windows update and then check back. I am sure that will be more helpful.

Certain programs may not start, and you receive an error message on a computer that is running Windows XP Service Pack 2: "Illegal System DLL Relocation"

Re: DLL\WINDOWS\system32\HHCTRL.OCX Helpppp please

That is a bug that comes due to windows update. You will need to remove any recent installed update. Just go in Control Panel > Add remove program. In that click on Windows Component. Just look for the recently installed updates and remove it. Un-install it completely and then check back. I am sure that will be simply more than enough to fix the problem. Just remove a couple of few updates which were installed and then test back.

RE: DLL\WINDOWS\system32\HHCTRL.OCX Helpppp please

I am exactly getting the same issue here. But somehow there is a problem with the hotfix. I tried the hotfix which is given on the second post. But that does not worked well. It was just waste of time. The problem was resolved by system restore. I performed restored and it was fine. There is no error rightnow. Everything looks to be working fine here. So just try system restore and check back.

I had see some information on the web based on the problem. I found that the issue is usually due to avg. I am having avg antivirus in my pc. I removed that replaced that with avira. The issue is resolved. There is no issue rightnow. Things look to be working fine now. But if you still want to use avg then there are some updates available on the web that can help you.