Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Cannot Record from my Microphone

Windows XP Support

Old 07-04-2007

Cannot Record from my Microphone

I need some help with recording audio on a slide show. I am having a mic. It was working fine but when I tried to record a narration it just failed to work. I cannot find any solution for the same. I ran sound hardware text wizard. It showed me everything is fine. But still there is no audio at all while recording. I am looking for some help here. The mic is connected to the front side of my pc. I am having a ASUS motherboard and I had also updated my audio drivers.

Old 08-04-2007

RE: Cannot Record from my Microphone

Go in volume mixer and see what you can find that. Check the Mic volume. There is a additional sound control bar available for mic. You have to ensure that it is kept at maximum or else the issue will be common. You can then move ahead with recording. If there is no hardware fault then simply by adjusting the volume bar the sound will work and you will be able to record your audio.
Old 09-04-2007

Go in Control Panel and look for sound devices. Click on that and check under mic or recording tab. Can you find a mic listed over there. If not then it is a hardware problem. Second thing you can do is just the pin connectivity. Ensure that the mic is connected to the right socket. That is audio in port. You can find that on the backside of motherboard. It looks like connectivity problem to me.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,