Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Connecting iPod brings up AutoPlay dialog box with empty applications list.

Windows XP Support

Old 06-04-2007

Connecting iPod brings up AutoPlay dialog box with empty applications list.

I am using my iPod that is configured to allow disk use. If I am trying to plug it in, then Windows displays an empty Autoplay list. Does anyone know how to tweak registry settings or anything that is necessary to stop this from happening? Thanks for any help.

Old 06-04-2007

RE: Connecting iPod brings up AutoPlay dialog box with empty applicati

You can go to Start and then Run and then enter regedit and locate the following key - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\<iPod device name here>] "Autorun" = dword:0x00000000.

Or in Windows XP go to start and then run and then type Gpedit.msc. After that go to Computer Configurations > Administrative Templates > System and find the item to turn off autoplay.
Old 07-04-2007

Re: Connecting iPod brings up AutoPlay dialog box with empty applicati

Thanks but I am using Windows XP home version and under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services, the only subkey that I found has a value of "Cdrom" instead of "Autorun". Do you have any other tips?

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: